Isn’t St. Paddy’s Day awesome?! Here at Maine Source Homes & Realty we certainly think so! Whether you bought your house with our help … or we built it for you … or you asked us to help you sell it … or even if you’re in the “None of the Above” category … we LOVE seeing you bring “the luck of the Irish” to your house and family through great St. Paddy’s Day decorations! Here are 3 easy-to-make, do-it-yourself decorations your whole family will love!
These are super-easy and fun to make! All you need are green pieces of construction paper, a pen or magic marker, and scissors. Then create your St. Paddy’s Day shamrock like this:
- Fold a piece of green construction paper in half.
- Near the top of the sheet of paper, draw “half a heart” shape, with the shape starting and ending at the fold.
- Then, draw a FULL heart shape horizontally, with the shape starting and ending at the fold.
- Finally, from the bottom of the full heart shape, draw the shamrock’s stem.
- Now unfold the paper! You’ve got a St. Paddy’s Day shamrock!
To see a 3-minute YouTube presentation of these directions, please visit:
“I-Rish You a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!”
Wreath / Door-Hanger
All you need for this fun-filled project are a large piece of cardboard (8 ½” x 11” or larger), white beans such as Northern beans or baby lima beans, green split peas, a magic marker, scissors, and white glue. Then . . .
- Cut the cardboard into a circle, so it becomes wreath-shaped.
- In the middle of your wreath, write your St. Paddy’s Day message in big, block letters. It can be anything from “Kiss me! I’m Irish!” to “I-Rish You a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!” to “Today, We’re ALL Irish!”
- Next, start gluing! Glue the green split peas over the letters of your message, and the white beans over everything else.
- Allow at least 2 hours to dry, and you’ll have a colorful, eye-catching St. Paddy’s Day wreath!
St. Paddy’s Day Flower Bouquet
Finally, cap everything off with a lovely, attention-grabbing St. Paddy’s Day bouquet for your dining table or kitchen! This project is the easiest yet! Simply cut out paper shamrocks (like you did in the first project above), but make them about half the size. Then glue them to the tops of straws or big lollipops, insert them into a flower bouquet, and you’re all set!
Happy St. Paddy’s Day, everyone!
ABOUT MAINE SOURCE HOMES & REALTY
MAINE SOURCE HOMES & REALTYis dedicated to helping you find your perfect home-ownership solution. Whether you wish to buy, sell, or build a home, Maine Source Homes & Realty invites you to benefit from our 47 years of trustworthy experience and expertise.