At Maine Source Homes & Realty, we fully understand that housing is a precious commodity. We will be remaining open, but as everyone knows, it is not business as usual. We are employing some common-sense transitional measures that will allow us to keep our patrons, clients and agents as safe as possible.
Our office has increased its sanitation protocol by frequent daily cleaning of common areas, and we offer hand sanitizer at the front desk to be used upon entering and exiting our facility. We support and understand the need for social distancing and would like to implement the following changes to move forward in a calm and safe fashion:
Real estate clients:
- Whenever possible we believe that the use of signing documentation online is safest. However, to our clients that may not have access to the internet or are not comfortable with this technique we are happy to create a custom plan for signing of required documentation.
- During Open Houses we are keeping a bottle of hand sanitizer front and center when people walk into our promoted listings. We also will utilize our right to restrict the number of individuals in the home at one time to less than 10 people.
- Be prepared to meet your agent at the properties you will be viewing as opposed to riding together with your agent.
- Agents will be pre-screening before showing property. Your agent may ask whether you have traveled recently and to where; please be forthcoming with information as this is for their protection as well as your own. Showings will be restricted to clients that already have a pre-qualification letter to purchase from a lender.
- Your agent will likely forego the typical handshake greeting; but that will not affect the level of professionalism you have come to expect from Maine Source Realty agents.
- We will be working with our collaborators (title companies, lenders) to utilize closing electronically whenever possible.
- Ask your agent if they are able to do a virtual walk-thru or whether there are virtual tours available for pre-screening a home.
- Drive by any homes that are of interest to you in advance and only make appointments of properties that you do not want to eliminate.
- Before closing on your home, our agents will prescreen the vacant home during your walk-thru and then allow you to access the home privately. Then any issues or last-minute resolutions can be discussed over the phone.
- We are happy to form special accommodations, as needed, to any high-risk clients to continue serving your real estate needs.
We encourage you to use the rent mailbox that is available onsite to pay your monthly lot rent as opposed to coming into the office at this time. This mailbox is located at Brookdale Village (at the shop, near the tennis courts) and labeled “Brookdale Rents Only”. Or, alternatively we offer a drop box (built-into the door) at the Maine Source Realty office located at 259 Minot Avenue, in Auburn which can be utilized as well. The mailboxes are monitored daily and a receipt can be mailed to your home address. Maine Source strongly encourages its tenants to call-in to make rent payments via MasterCard/Visa.
We have implemented a “stay-home” policy for any staff member or agent exhibiting any sign of illness and support their ability to remotely conduct their business from home. We ask, that in that same spirit, if you are feeling unwell to call us proactively with any concerns you may have so we can creatively problem solve and proactively continue to conduct business safely.